So after seeing this blog post from the Mother Nature Network I decided it would be a good way to use up my champagne corks that won’t work in the wine cork bath mat I have planned for an unplanned future date. I mean, the blog post makes it sound so easy.
I sliced up the champagne and beer corks into circles and glued them down to some plastic disks that I cut out of some lids saved from yogurt containers and other such things. So far I’ve completed three coasters.
The lessons I’ve learned so far are:
- Cutting corks a uniform width is freaking hard
- I’m good at cutting my finger nails with a knife
- The glue doesn’t hold forever, one of the first ones I made already lost a cork
- This might not be the best way to use up these corks :(